Thursday, January 21, 2010

NOT DEAD

Hey. I'm writing to let you know that I havn't died. Sadley I don't have very much to talk about so thats why I havn't blogged for quite a while. Life has just been moving along free of "lumps" sense break ended. Just your every day stuff...."smooth". Im still not used to the fact that I'm into the second half of my stay already, and I find myself thinking "when i get back..." much more often now then I did before. "From now to the end of June" has become a very comprehensible time period and it's just weird to really know how much time I have. I've got some big expectations for the next 5 months. Mostly for myself, but thats kind of unblogable so we'll leave it at that.

I made a presetation for english class today. It should have been about the US but I ended up speaking more about Michigan. It was english class so I said it in english but I think I have to make a similare one for AFS in danish some time soon so I'll probabaly just use the same powerpoint. haha. It's weird how I have to force the english out now if I need to use it. It's not like danish is easier. My brain works so much harder when I have to speak danish (of corse, I'm still learning it) but it's what natuarly comes out when I communicate so If I talk to people from home or...write this blog..or talk in english class, there is a little man in my head screaming at me to use danish. I think I created him. haha. But hey, he helps me :)

Next Wednesday I'm going to Jutland through an AFS thingy. I'm staying there for a week and living with another host family and going to another school. They want us to see what It's like to live in another part of the country which I think is a really good idea, so I'm looking forword to that and hopfully it will make for a good blog post :) haha. Sooo, now I'm just kinda waiting for that. The muscial is comming along. It's really annoying for me becuase I cant really concentrate on whats happening yet. I have too try really hard to just say my lines the way I think they should sound but I really don't know. I like the show though. Our director wrote it and kind of roughly to so we get to improv alot and make stuff nice and real :) I get to do a monologue in english (my character is american) and I get to write it.

Anyway, I guesse I'll blog again after the Mini-stay thing in Jutland. So thats not until Febuary 3rd or something....'

Bye

3 comments:

Dan said...

Hi, I am interested in doing an AFS program and I just wanted to ask you if you had previous training in Danish? And if you didnt, how hard was it picking up a new language in a foreign culture?

Unknown said...

Hey,
Before I came I studied a little bit. Just learning some good phrases and stuff but once i got here I started learning 3 times as much as a learned at home just on a daily basis. It's almost not worth studing before you come. haa. It's fun to be able to say some things but I dont think it was importiant that I did that. I've had language school since I've been living here (the past 6 months) and that helps me a lot. You can learn a lot just from listening but you have to study a lot too if you want to really learn a language in less than a year. I communicate in danish 100% of the time now but of corse I strugle still. I'm never gonna be perfect. I'll still be learning when I go home.

Anonymous said...

I love Joe.