Monday, June 14, 2010

tick tick tick...(thats a clock)

Of corse I've been up to a lot this past week :) DK is treating me greatly,..but I find that my adventures might seem slightly repetitive to you guys, and while I could sit here posting a bunch of pictures, telling you about all the stuff that I've been up to and making you jealous, I think I'd rather change it up a little bit.


The ticking is getting louder and louder and it can be pretty annoying. To be honest, even though this year has flown by faster than I can understand...time is going kinda slow now. I'm having so much fun with these last days (less than 2 weeks!) and I'm gonna miss Denmark a LOT.... but becuase I think sooo much about stuff, I think I'm actually pretty mentally prepared to come home. This year has been by far the most progressive year of my life, but It all has to end at some point for it to really mean anything. After months of confusion, not knowing how I really feel about having to go home, I think I've finally figured it out; leaving Denmark is going to be very very sad...but it's not going to be hard for me. I'm gonna be sad leaving Denmark, and the people I've met, but I can deal with sadness. Comming home is going to be amazing.
I remember my first couple months here, were I would sometimes have nightmares about comming home, haha. And they really were nightmares! There was nothing particularly scary about them, I just wasn't ready to go home, at ALL. But for the last few nights I've been having the same types of dream again. My family is all standing there waiting and smiling just like in the old ones... but this time, in stead of thinking, "crap!, no no nono!", I feel the complete opposite. I get the best feeling you could possibly get. And even though I love my life here, and it's generally way more exciting than my life in Michigan... I really just can't wait for that dream to actually happen in real life.
Comming back to my old life is gonna be great. And while I've heard from some past exchange students that it's only good to be back for maybe a week, I don't think it will be the same for me. Now that I've been able to step out of the whole thing and have all this time to look back on it and see it from the outside, I think everything is just gonna be better when I get back. I'm not the same as I was before and I'm glad I get to go back to high school again and use everything I've learned here about people and myself.
The situation of an exchange student is a very unnatural one to be in. And no matter how natural the life you make may seem to feel after 9 , 10, or 11 months, it just isn't. There is always that other life-- your real life, waiting for you over on the other side of the world, and at some point, it will need your attention again. I've embraced my time here so much and I'm going to continue for the next 12 days. But I'm ready to go home. I'm looking forward to it.

Leaving will be sad but not hard, sådan er det bare




SHOPPING LIST FOR MOM AND DAD

- extra crunchy peanutbutter
- sun chips
- cheese-its
- charp cheddar cheese
- onion bagels
- oreos
- root beer
- kool-aid mix
- Garden fresh chips and salsa
- beef jerky
- pizza rolls
- fago water
- V8 splash
.... i'll think of more later :)





See you soon Lucy!


No comments: