Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Køge



It's 8:00 on a Wednesday morning and my class is going to Copenhagen today, but I don't have to be at the train station till 9. So I thought this would be a good time to write about Køge, my new home :)

I really love it here. The houses are really cool, the town square is just a few blocks from my house, and we have two good beaches that you can easily bike too, and yes, they bike everywhere here. To work, to school to the grocery store, to the beach....I really like that. People don't have to be motivated to do it. It's just the way things are.

One thing that was very different was my room... and the size of my bed. Which is about a 3rd of the one I have at home. haha. But I've gottin used to it and I actually like my little room.





The town square is sooo cool. I can't believe I'm living in a place like this. Køge is the home of the oldest dated building in Denmark. so ya...all the buildings are really old. I love it. It's like a mini Copenhagen. With all the colors and little windows and crooked red roofs and cobblestone streets :) It's nice...



One of the coolest things about living in Køge is being right on the Sea. I've been going to the beach with Simon (my host brother) and his friends whenever we have a chance. We swim, play vollyball, buy icecream, and do what people normally do on beaches...except we're not on vacation! I love it.

BE JEALOUS!!!!!

No comments: